Thursday, October 9, 2008

Deceptacons versus Transformers



Since Levi is firmly in the middle of boy super hero fascination, we spend a lot of time discussing transformers at our house. So the other day when I was really struggling with the desire to give up on my school work (with only 2 classes left to earn my master’s degree), Dan reminded me that the Deceptacons were working hard to convince me to give up, that I couldn’t do it. He was right, as usual. My mind took it a little further and as I sat at the computer to write a paper, I thought: ‘Autobots, transform and roll out!’ So all week, when I needed to talk myself into getting to work, I told myself to “roll out”. I know it sounds corny, but we all know the “Deceptacon” is real. And he works hard to discourage me (and all of us) from doing things that need to be done. It isn’t always about good or bad but it is about dragging me down with deception. Making me feel like I can’t do what I need to do, like I don’t have the right weapons or tools to do what life requires of me. Well, the Deceptacon is wrong! I have the strength within me if I Transform my thoughts and “roll out!”

3 comments:

Jen said...

Man you are amazing to be in school with 3 kids! Chase is into transformers now as well. I recorded a show for him and it scared him. We will just stick to the McDonald's transformers:)

Mindy said...

Awesome! I truly think you are wonderwoman - so you should give yourself more credit (Sound familiar?) You are truly inspiring!

Anonymous said...

hi. i dont know you but i googled deceptacon and got this. what a lovely definition indeed. more than i asked for. just wanted to let you know that you made my night. thanks