Monday, September 22, 2008

My name is Levi and I am a child of God


We had our primary program yesterday and Levi did a great job with his line.

But he said it even better today. He gets home from school about an hour and a half before Maddy so he always comes out with me to meet her bus (sometimes in his underwear despite my warnings). Today Maddy was off the bus and walking up the driveway as I was coming out the front door. Levi skipped (because he never really walks anywhere) passed Maddy and climbed straight onto her bus. I got to him just in time to hear him telling the bus driver:

My name is Levi and I am a child of God.




It doesn't get any better than that. My sweet son knows who he is! I love him so much and I hope his testimony of this truth grows as he does. I love you Levi and you are a child of God.


*art by Greg Olsen




7 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet is that! I think it's great that he said this to the bus driver. He/she may have needed to hear it after a long day driving kids home from school!

Jen said...

You would have loved Zack at McDonald's yesterday. We stayed and played in the play land for awhile. It was geared more for toddlers so he got board quick. Well Zack started to sing as loud as he can I am a Child of God, Follow the Prophet, I believe in Christ. There were a few more primary songs that I can't remember. I just smiled at him. He sings to his bus driver as well.

Zanzi & Buzz said...

Your kid is quoting scripture and mine is swearing. Great.

the splendid life of us... said...

I bet that makes you feel so wonderful! What a cute kiddo, he is so big now! I love his adorable freckles!

Mindy said...

Melt my heart. It is moments like that that will help you through this week! That is just adorable. What was the bus driver's reaction?

Kim Tafua said...

OH MY GOODNESS! CHRISTY BISHOP! Wow what a surprise to hear from you. It's been a really long time since I've been in contact with any Cross Creek alumni. I can't believe how big your kids are. When did you move to Florida? I'm very glad to hear from you we'll have to keep in touch. E-mail is kimmisuet@gmail.com

Kim Tafua said...

By the way, you've got some adorable kids. Very J-Crew model like!! :)