Sunday, September 21, 2008

Heaven Help Me....

I just took Dan to the airport a few hours ago and this is how I look already:

Image courtesy of Google images
Dan is on his way to Sunny Arizona for a week of job interviews! Yes you heard right: job interviews. Unlike other jobs, when you finish residency you can actually apply for jobs 10 months before you start work! Woohoo! Finally we are in a position to be in control of our lives! No more applying and begging and applying and waiting and letting some computer "match" us with a city on the other side of the country! Hooray! So Dan has 5 interviews this week and is gone a full 7 days. I love my kids but they are INTENSE! Even when they are on their best behavior it is exhausting! I love them and love being with them but Dan is my wing-man, my #2, my Dwight! Can you imagine Michael Scott without Dwight? It's just pathetic! Well that's me! Pretty pathetic. But we will survive, it is for a good cause. All day yesterday Maddy kept wishing Dan to have lots of fun on his "vacation" and behind laughs I was definitely feeling a little jealous! So wish me luck everyone and we will keep you posted on the job outcome.

Phoenix here we come!!!

(in 9 months and 2 weeks, but who's counting?)

4 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Oh, Christy! I always find myself wishing we lived across the street from you... and I'm feeling that even more right now! You will be in our prayers this week... and Dan will, too, of course! We'll do anything to get you back on this side of the country! :) I hope it's a week of blessings for your family!

Jill said...

Wow, Florida time almost up, can't believe how fast time goes by. Can't wait to hear where your next adventure will be. Will be praying the kids go easy on you for the week. Good luck!!!

Mindy said...

Good luck to Dan! I remember the first day talking to you at the park and it was completely clear you could hardly wait to leave FL. How exciting (for you) to have a count down of less than a year. But we will miss you here. Thank goodness for blogs!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis, forgive me for being completely blonde, but who is Michael Scott and Dwight? I would think goose would be a better wingman for you. I love reading about your life. Maybe one day you will call me and tell me about it on the phone. I feel like you are my long lost sister. I am excited for you to move back to phx. I miss you. give those babies lots of kisses for me. Tell them aunt Stacy loves them. Talk to you soon. xoxo