Saturday, October 11, 2008

oh Crap!




So while I was at my stake Relief Society meeting today, Dan took the kids to Home Depot. His mission: to get supplies to build a gate to keep Elsie out of our bathroom. (You see Dan is not one of those guys who goes to Babies'R Us and buys a pre-made, ready to install gate. Oh no, he has to build it. Oh but this is a topic for another post....:) So back to my point. Levi runs ahead of Dan to the bathroom supply section. You know the place where they have all the pretty bathrooms on display. I'm sure at this point Dan was thinking there probably wasn't much he could break in that area of the store. Well before Dan can think twice about this poor assumption, Levi is standing in front of a display toilet with his shorts and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse undies down around his knees!!! According to Dan, he ran down the isles to the display section as fast as he could and got to him just before he peed. I'm still shaking my head in disapproval even as I type this! Actually, i just wish we had a camera on that boy at all times! For two reasons: first so we have evidence that we tried to stop whatever delinquent behavior gets us arrested for being poor parents and secondly because I think we might have a real shot at the $100,000 prize on America's Funniest Home Videos!
So while we are talking about Levi's pants being down, I can't help but reminisce about a few other times behavior like this has occurred.
There is of course the backyard. The second he gets out there all his clothing comes off. Whatever. So this summer, he was out in the backyard, naked, playing around a little wading pool when he comes crying, pulling on his you-know-what. It didn't take long to find the black ants! Ouch! Within 10 minutes he had this cherry sized blisters in all the wrong places. Ouch!
And then there was the time we went to WalMart and told Levi we weren't going to the toy section. Oh man did he pitch a fit! When he saw we didn't care and were walking away, what do you think he did? You guessed it! He pulled is pants down! I told Dan we were going to get kicked out of WalMart, and I'm pretty sure it takes a lot to get kicked out of WalMart.
So as I sit here on my bed typing this, my sweet Levi who was dozing on the couch and watching Power Rangers, has just walked in here NAKED! I suppose this means I should stop typing and look for the wet spot. :(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny! I wish I could have been at Home Depot that would have been a site. And you are right, the investment in a "Levi camera" might not be a bad idea . . AFV grand prize for sure!

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness. I can only imagine Dan's face. Maybe that premade gate wouldn't be so bad after all. How funny that kids are so well rounded - you go from I am Levi and I am a child of God to potty time at Home Depot. Life would be boring without children.

HorribleLicensePlates said...

I, also, am married to a man who must make everything instead of buying it at the store. I totally understand. Haha. Great blog!

Thanks for reading our blog! :-)

Jen said...

I feel your pain!! Wait until he is 9 and does it! Everything is bigger! We have not been kicked out yet, but I am waiting for the homeowners association to call and tell us we have to have clothes on my kids when they are in the back yard! Pee does well on plants:)