Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Prophet, President Hinckley...


I was so sad last night when I heard the news of President Hinckley's passing. I wanted him to live forever. So I guess this is a good time to share my testimony about prophets. President Hinckley taught me that I am loved by my Heavenly Father. How? That sweet, loving face of his radiated the light and love of our Savior Jesus Christ. When he spoke in Conference, the Spirit testified to me that his words were true, all of them. I have never known such an intense trust in another human being, but if President Hinckley said it, it must be true. What a man, what a servant of the Lord! He will be missed and I am so sad my children will not grow up to the sound of his voice in General Conference. We had stake conference yesterday and it is strange to think we were listening to the new prophet and we didn't know it. President Monson spoke in our regional broadcast. The Gospel of Christ is true and my life is better because of it. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father loves us enough to send prophets to show us His love and the way to return to Him.

7 comments:

robin said...

Well said. It is so sad that he is gone. I am doing my family home evening on his talk the 6 B's. I made 6 cute bees that get to be matched with the part of his talk. Well, I finally started my blog. Not too fancy, but I will work on it. It is wehavefaith.blogspot.com The name has mulitple meanings. Obviously because I have faith in Chriat and Hevanly Father, but also because I have to have faith that everything wil turn out ok.

Jill said...

I agree with your thoughts also. I found out last night after a Youth Fireside on Temples which I had to speak at, there were so many mixed feelings when the Bishop made the announcement. I'm just glad he gets to be with his sweet wife again, he missed her so much.

Hope you are able to find some time soon to add some pictures of those cute kids of yours. Love hearing from you. Jill

Marc and Megan said...

I loved reading your thoughts and testimony of President Hinckley. I think I'm still a little in shock... it probably won't really sink in until April conference when he isn't there to speak to us. I'm so grateful we got to have him for so long.

Jen said...

I agree totally!!! It does make me so sad. I think because I am just love his personality so much. I am happy to have President Monson take his place he is a great man and I have always enjoyed his talks so much.

Zanzi & Buzz said...

Hey Christy, It's Rose! I can't believe it's been so long I didn't even know you had another one! So sweet! Looks like you're having fun. wordsofweeones dot blogspot dot come.

The Wright Family said...

Hello Bishops, Just started a blog and am happy to see yours and get an update on your family. We bought a house about a mile away from the old apartments and had a baby boy 4 months ago. Check out our blog. Julie

Christian and Jennifer said...

Ummmm . . . I think once it's been 6 months since your last blog post, you will officially be un-blogalicious. I would love to see what you guys have been up to!