Friday, August 8, 2008

This relationship is moving too fast…you’ve changed…

I’m uncomfortable with where this is going…I feel like you are pulling away from me…you’re more interested in playing with your friends than spending time with me…we hardly ever snuggle anymore…I miss the way you used to stare at me as if I was your whole world, now you’re so busy you only look for me when you want something…



No, I’m not breaking up with someone, I’m crazy about my baby girl but she just isn’t a baby anymore! How did this happen? I know I never took my eyes off her but somehow I was blinded by adoration and didn’t see how her growth would suddenly change our relationship. I miss the baby I used to take naps with and who would sit on my lap for hours. Now she wants to follow her big brother and sister everywhere, climb on everything, feed herself, eat anything she finds on the floor and WALK! You would think this would be a piece of cake by the time you get to a third child, but no, it’s actually harder. So Elsie, I'm begging: slow down my baby girl!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You are so funny, your wording had me laughing. Wow, she is growing up fast, it seems like just yesterday that I found out you had her and look how big she is now. She looks so much like her big sister. Hope your summer has been great!